SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ATO/wine
- To: Dean Hamstead <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ATO/wine
- From: Rick Welykochy <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:07:15 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20080703 SeaMonkey/1.1.11
Dean Hamstead wrote:
appdb shows a fail
i spent a few hours on it, until i just drove to my inlaws and used XP.
seriosly didnt seem worth the effort for a once off usage.
There is another option, but it may cost you. I had a bit of whinge
to the ATO just yesterday about the application running only on Windows.
The clerk was sympathetic and mentioned this site:
which apparently allows to submit your tax return online using
the web. A tax agent then submits it to the ATO on your behalf.
I still like the paper system. Takes me under an hour to fill
in. If the ATO receives a paper return before mid July, they
process it within a week or so. Anytime after that (I am told by the ATO)
and they begin bogging down with a work overload.
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services || Internet Driving Instructor
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
-- H.L. Mencken