SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Re: opening a photo in GIMP
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx, ch.allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Re: opening a photo in GIMP
- From: elliott-brennan <elliottbrennan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 21:04:29 +1000
- Reply-to: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (X11/20080707)
Off the top of my head, I cannot think of a
specific reason, but if you want to upload a copy
someone for me to download, or e-mail me a copy,
I'd be happy to see if the problem is with the
image or your GIMP set up.
[SLUG] opening a photo in GIMP
Chris Allen <ch.allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sun, 07 Sep 2008 11:12:10 +1000
I have copied a set of photos from my digital camera for re-processing
in GIMP. GIMP says it can't open them.
"Plug-in could not open image"
They are all JPG files 0372 x 2305 pixels (2.93 MB)
Can any one advise how to resolve this problem (or a better forum)?
PS I have no trouble viewing them on screen. However I need to reduce
their size for us in ID cards and and posting to the web.
Registered GNU/Linux User 368634