SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] route traffic through multiple interfaces
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] route traffic through multiple interfaces
- From: "Martin Visser" <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 00:21:55 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:subject :cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition:references; bh=6CCYBZEzkFtDA9tF1nROsnPIIfvT2apGFj/legDRPYc=; b=YgOsL4bm8HaDNbbcx4IY3VJIZsOtFK1/9JlgHFSY/HeCPalM2dOoEMJFFy5w9rx8GF LrnDdiIR/1Uj+Mb9iv1bays6oA8uaU2CRuR+4Glil5D+HAbedUUtPtMEmssOe7DCHVlE ajWnhjhkH3gSzbdo5jnbMs5UYYDKVmscHEfLA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=uvEJSgIIYLMY5OYcajwPZdxeJ+sCzFWoOByJ6ZMo+SPLm1nr8LafBMMIjmIS9PVNX/ wIrs6a84p0vPEOaZHs26p0ituhTV+0N0Vnj6YI7syOnkHejrpsH53YipWQhpA5GV+m+X QtdcdVhl5qB8raHTpwQOUNVjCnHwEBRnd0WQk=
Correct, even uncompressed VoIP would use around 36MB an hour (each
direction). So if you have say a 5GB data allowance (and assuming you
cound both directions), you could get around 70 hours of talk time
using without exceeding quota.
On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Chris Zhang
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Alex Samad <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 02:02:25PM +1000, Chris Zhang wrote:
>> > On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Daniel Pittman <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> > > "Chris Zhang" <sangiorgiomaggiore@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> > Hi Daniel,
>> > You were correct in guessing what I was after. I am trying to get VOIP
>> > working over 3G.
>> Silly question but isn't voip data more expensive than normal call costs
> That'd depend. Most people will have a couple of hundred MB 3G download
> allowance thrown in.
> According to http://www.fring.com/fring_is/why_fring/ , VOIP usage is really
> not much.
>> "I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and
>> airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport. "
>> - George W. Bush
>> Washington, DC
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
>> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
>> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html