Re: [SLUG] "Right" way to kill firefox from a script?

$quoted_author = "Amos Shapira" ;

> Because it has to run all sorts of JavaScript, Flash, pull images etc.
> and generally do what a browser does as part of the test.
> We need a real browser (multiple browsers types and versions from
> multiple platforms, actually) to access that web page, "wget" and
> friends won't cut it.

Have you explored tools like Selenium?

"Selenium is a suite of tools to automate web app testing across many
 platforms. Selenium...
 * runs in many browsers and operating systems
 * can be controlled by many programming languages and testing frameworks."

http://selenium.openqa.org/

cheers
Marty