SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] "Right" way to kill firefox from a script?
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] "Right" way to kill firefox from a script?
- From: "Amos Shapira" <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 14:24:36 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=211m8enM8LTCHPjgK0Jnewr6BaxQ+mWwCngc9NkwnxI=; b=FMhTfF3HfOqTHWVXvpJo2BQyEcc3esyOW17Outn6j5QtgAUDV4VrML7lafCYx9pqs5 F/uJ+0idt6xuxhsQoi+o0DLJ7V7hBrVy694AVD/gNqyAeunF7qK79R+z2aDtgS76bqCE TCx7xC5WaKGCr6sXl3ba5Gx9afnZwRhmp2vRw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=WCBUymhGJFtaOrJZ3Gf4Q7SChdRLGfZcfbsKNeec0ASH8uLyQv5C8e+spKyOXZZBPh +mid+lwXyvE2qerjsFCVhLMlsEmjL5rmXpbnLMnEpAYIuTq9Qfp2q8AGbi4xH5fE+vSy nRdFOLZlVRkOwJ8W/8oV3a6XVcQNy2Hqtwjmw=
2008/8/1 Martin Barry <marty@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> $quoted_author = "Amos Shapira" ;
>> We have a test script which runx Firefox to visit a web site and after
>> a few seconds it stops it.
> My first thought was "Why use a GUI app to test something automated?"...
and generally do what a browser does as part of the test.
We need a real browser (multiple browsers types and versions from
multiple platforms, actually) to access that web page, "wget" and
friends won't cut it.
> Surely there are more elegant ways to achieve what you need...
I'd be glad to hear about it.