Re: [SLUG] "Right" way to kill firefox from a script?

2008/8/1 Martin Barry <marty@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> $quoted_author = "Amos Shapira" ;
>>
>> We have a test script which runx Firefox to visit a web site and after
>> a few seconds it stops it.
>
> My first thought was "Why use a GUI app to test something automated?"...

Because it has to run all sorts of JavaScript, Flash, pull images etc.
and generally do what a browser does as part of the test.
We need a real browser (multiple browsers types and versions from
multiple platforms, actually) to access that web page, "wget" and
friends won't cut it.

> Surely there are more elegant ways to achieve what you need...

I'd be glad to hear about it.

Thanks,

--Amos