SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] "Right" way to kill firefox from a script?
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] "Right" way to kill firefox from a script?
- From: "Amos Shapira" <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:26:19 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition; bh=KudZCyuDPD3q4CoGaVZwIsBmx0fVORaOnK1lyzBvUOE=; b=f4F3yunBegmEUYD56GwGdnb9RY/gJxsVc7P52K4paZQx/c8s/m8Jj3aLpMJf2sMsgu sAYQ1wJFle3MwGxdX0wzxl6ftYi58mXqBen2JPsp4eNC+HCOmmU/kiTs8qTI1Bax2zBj t7zlNQ3379+IH0hoCP5j1T6AEcoMLeUWPHHbQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=N4EHTeAmOrmaMAuDwe58V4QlvLk4AoEEYbbu+LkB/oNZiBjV3q8svk3Xw/jLoF+IIZ AXOYUfYdhsbqSorCgQUEIWXhKy1Rj07VXwNPqoSAn7AD4YQZ0Il16QakGpk8ASnUgUqk P0/Uqr78bfiIKPl6iqszhy4oWiqg3Xw9v73BY=
Platforms: Linux, OS X, Windows
Firefox: 2 and 3
We have a test script which runx Firefox to visit a web site and after
a few seconds it stops it.
Right now we use "killall firefox" but this causes it to behave as if
it crashed the next time it comes up.
I found in http://tinyurl.com/5qk9so mentioning of "-kill" and
"-killAll" but without explanation of how to use it, and a simple
attempt to use it didn't cause the browser to quit so I'm not even
sure it does what I guess it does.
What's the "right way" to cause firefox to exit properly?
Otherwise - can I change something in Firefox's configuration to cause
it to ignore crashes?
Alternatively - what files on the disk should I change/remove to
"clean up" a crashed session?