SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] bind attacks
- To: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] bind attacks
- From: Glen Turner <gdt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:20:38 +0930
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (X11/20080501)
Alex Samad wrote:
Jun 25 15:20:28 hufpuf named: client 184.108.40.206#9753: query
(cache) './A/IN' denied
can somebody shed some light on what they think they can gain ?
Perhaps it's a DDoS attack seeking to hide it's originating IP address.
Probably best to blackhole responses for exterior requests for ".".