SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Is someone is snooping my wireless?
- To: Tony Sceats <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Is someone is snooping my wireless?
- From: Rick Welykochy <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 06:23:48 +1000
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20080313 SeaMonkey/1.1.9
Tony Sceats wrote:
why not have a little fun instead of locking everything down immediately :)
and anyway, setting up a proxy server, forcing them through it and
logging all requests may give you an insight into what they are doing on
your network, and maybe who they are.. much more interesting than
securing your network
Excellent! kittennet and blurnet. Ain't technology wonderful.
I like the guy's domain name. Spam comes from Monty Python.
So do ex-parrots.
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services || Internet Driving Instructor
... wanted me to be a Win2K admin with "emphasis" on security. That's like
a job as a SCUBA diver with an "emphasis" on keeping things dry.
-- Anthony de Boer