Re: [SLUG] Filesystem which allows online fsck?

2008/6/12 Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+slug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mle%2Bslug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a Linux filesystem which allows online
> fsck on a disk that is currently mounted read/write?

At LCA 2006 (the Canberra one) Ted T'so talked about performing nightly
read-only fscks on ext3 filesystems, that only update the time-since-fsck
stamp in the superblock (if my memory serves).  The fsck would not modify
the filesystem if it was broken, but would report on errors.  Additionally
doing a dump of the inode tree to another filesystem was recommended.

I had planned on actually doing this at one point to see if it gave any
benefits, but never got around to implementing a system with these features.