Re: [SLUG] Re: turning off blog comments

* Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx> [2008-06-04 10:12:00 +1000]:
> > A blog without comments is like posting to a list and not reading the
> > followups.
>
> Who says I want your comments?  I have a link to my contact form on my
> blog posts.  If people want to talk to me, they can.
>
> Your conception of a blog is different to mine, clearly.

I like comments on my blog - I learn stuff, people correct errors in my
tech posts.

> > I have three wordpress plugins for comment spam.
>
> Great, not one but three pieces of software to maintain.  Then I get to
> moderate messages too.  Not like I've got anything better to do.

Outsource it. I now host mine on wordpress.com (for $free), they do all
that boring stuff. About one spam comment every 2 months gets thru their
filters.