Re: [SLUG] Re: turning off blog comments

On 04/06/2008, at 10:12 AM, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

Who says I want your comments?  I have a link to my contact form on my
blog posts.  If people want to talk to me, they can.

I don't know, who did say you want my comments? Wasn't me.

Your conception of a blog is different to mine, clearly.

My conception? I don't see it as a one way conversation. Especially
being on planets.

I have three wordpress plugins for comment spam.

Great, not one but three pieces of software to maintain. Then I get to
moderate messages too.  Not like I've got anything better to do.

There's no maintenance except for updating the plugins when a new version is released, which can be done with one click now. Anyway, my point is it's not a big work load, since you wouldn't know, I thought I'd be friendly and
let you know how how I deal with it.

I've turned comments off on this reply, don't respond.

Michael Chesterton
http://chesterton.id.au/blog/
http://barrang.com.au/