SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] help! resetting nm-applet on Hardy Herron to make wireless work again
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] help! resetting nm-applet on Hardy Herron to make wireless work again
- From: "Amos Shapira" <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 17:13:30 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=rslzX/s8aF+8PwtwNpiOXGsdRt4dxU9W2Dhfd+jbF3U=; b=rrajLGy4I7q46qB+/2/ywpTHzm9jUt40O5bJkkCx+xZAS4py1lEpHB4WNdJxuhlIDYElEHtWe4N4//SpBrZZtHc407DdjRpjWkwh/R6kdwT7SWJYNc6QqXfOgFyTEnpVp0z8YOj2Nqn5DpY32vDRHjsODC0er5dXd6Y6q+kxrOs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=Rr2GzBGWgmBJMK+/XcVUbW68ky6GwRBeK55gI1THebIm67NrsAgEsL2T66V34B8hrHmweWN5SRUSrUvAala8gx71992t41a1J4M1gfUdNQbM3RP9fUOJgQ1vSv1x9/WKtpw2CbRz5q6mCEwPaJZi1PdomhY73G7P0Q8BX9GBK7Y=
Yesterday I visited a site where I couldn't make Ubuntu 8.04 on my
laptop accept the WiFi pass key. During the tweaks I made to try to
make it work I also clicked off the "Enable Roaming" and other stuff.
Now that I'm back at home nothing I do would convince NetworkManager
to connect to my local WiFi. I enabled roaming back again but all I
see then I click on the left mouse button is "Wired Network" grayed
out (possibly because there is no connection on the wired network),
"VPN Connections" sub-menu and "Manual Configuration", and when I
click on the right mouse button I get "Enable Network" checked.
"Manual Configuration" only gives me the usual "Enable Roaming" option
for both wireless and wired networks, which doesn't seem to make a
How can I reset NetworkManager to the way it worked before?
Note that I don't want to loose the three network pass keys I have
saved for the networks that used to work for me before this incident.