SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Image rotation for some images taking hours too long.
- To: Michael Lake <Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Image rotation for some images taking hours too long.
- From: peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:15:02 +1000
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Wanderlust/2.15.6 (Almost Unreal) SEMI/1.14.6 (Maruoka) FLIM/1.14.9 (Gojō) APEL/10.7 MULE XEmacs/21.4 (patch 20) (Double Solitaire) (i486-linux-gnu)
>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Lake <Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Michael> Hi all Replies to Peter and Roger here.
Michael> Have done so on a different laptop and exactly the same. What
Michael> I do notice though on both is that the slow rotate images
Michael> also take **longer** to load. The -monitor options shows
Michael> 'Loading', 'Rotating' and 'Saving'.
Michael> Two files of roughly the same size ~435k One takes 30 seconds
Michael> for Load, rotate, save. (6500 x 9000) The other 4
Michael> hours. (15000 x 9000)
Arrgh. Tiff uses horizontal run-length coding. That 15000x9000
pixels is going to be huge when decompressed.