Re: [SLUG] Image rotation for some images taking hours too long.

Hi all

This post on the Imagemagick dev mailing list mentioned breaking the image up like martin suggested.
http://www.imagemagick.org/pipermail/magick-developers/2003-January/001258.html

I might be able to try this on the weekend.

Martin Visser wrote:
As you are rotating a whole 90 degrees, one technique that might be
more memory efficient is to divide the rotate problem up. I'll try
scripting it momentarily but you could

1. Divide the image into, say, a 4 x 4 grid of sub-images.
2. Rotate each sub-image independently
3. Then reassemble the sub-images into a whole (obviously in the right order)

That way you only need to store an image 1/16 of the whole at any one time

Mike
--
Michael Lake
Computational Research Centre of Expertise

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If

Think. Green. Do.