[SLUG] xsane, sane, quiteinsane, gimp2.0-quiteinsane

None of these are working for me. I've upgraded, dpkg-reconfigured and
stood on one leg and faced east, but no luck.

Feisty, with a brand new Samsung MFP SCX-4725FN

The driver/utilities that come with the samsung work and I can use them
produce scans, so the problem is NOT the connection.

Has any one solved this problem? Google says that quiteinsane should
work, but it does nothing.. doesn't even give a satisfying crash.

tia

David.