RE: [SLUG] Disk Full Message - help pls

To find disk usage on a directory level, on the command line try:-

cd /
du --human --max-depth=1  --one-file-system

then repeat using cd & du traversing directories you think are candidates for clean up.

Use the following in a directory to see files sorted by size

ls --sort=size -lh

Also from the GUI, at least in Ubuntu, you can use Disk Usage Analyser to effectively perform a graphical du as above.

Martin Visser

Technology Consultant
Technology Solutions Group

410 Concord Road
Rhodes NSW  2138
Australia

Mobile: +61-411-254-513
Fax: +61-2-9022-1800
E-mail: martin.visserAThp.com

This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify HP immediately by return email and then delete the email, destroy any printed copy and do not disclose or use the information in it.