Re: [SLUG] SIM cards as cheap data storage?

You haven't mentioned a physical size requiment. Untethered SIM cards
(and probably SD cards) are a tad small - and too easily lost.

Also is security/privacy and reliability an issue?

Rather SIM - what about the phone itself. In 1st world countries we
are approaching 1:1 ratio. Provide you connect to the phone
(Bluetooth/GSM/IR) it is a pretty good storage device that people tend
to look after. (bCode  uses this principle for it's ticketing scheme)