SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Debian question
- To: "SLUG list" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Debian question
- From: DaZZa <dagibbs@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:03:30 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=UyNPV/APxv+A6TgLlVfJg2066AgNY3+uxTMJePUMtAM=; b=YbfOgaWiTE/KrbAAFXe27skCfpyPXu0lDpP0hCRdTgQa/fIFFk+H+NZF8ZWGalnWoyiHISokDn0eU0DJxi5FtBmK5d0yYqjiNoRkOaRcNSQo59TocCv3PxjqR9I69lmdwFkl95t2iNTnlh2x5c8RAtn1y6flwylLO3vp5mf/rnw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=roOnYaQl/6rbU4viisxjmZC+pd+n8HcmnKOB+5iOl1dwPDegDjlQdPvDSFEwHZQJUlbDPXQ8tc+cXO1IkWpjx5k7m7yj3NoAjWXt3YHOxBttKMaExyuCN+4VwqT9pbpaXfsXCJhBRgm25Q45j5xvwtqlOOMw6o0a4q8o0hXQLJI=
No, I'm not being converted (shaddup David!)
I've been, erm, "asked" to work on a little embedded box that $POE is
trialling for a POS graphical display terminal.
Said device runs Debian - and has issues with running a graphics mode
higher than 1024x768.
Naturally, $POE want it at 1280x720 (widescreen 16:9 ratio)
It's running a bastardised/modified Debian Etch, as far as I can tell.
Now, for all you Debian lovers out there.
1) Is Etch recent, or behind the times? The box is from HP - model
available if required. it runs an ATI embedded card - shared video
graphics RAM with the motherboard, I believe
2) Is this mode even valid?
3) Anyone know the magic to get this working?