SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] DST changes - my problem is the other way up
- To: marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] DST changes - my problem is the other way up
- From: "Martin Visser" <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:13:25 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=+ZkZto/mnj2XRwCt08xgSzqtVeKruQ21Rb2gGKGHKas=; b=P03+nt5RHrjvB8ymc0onatoabCuni7QWrliCwsk70gyKDZw1Oh8CSy3nETMCgApjyUjgULP2c5/fYAK0uZOBy5HsYS2yXBhR2aDwIb+OLFJ01Q5DOqZQTmle/L5CHKl5gOpDWIV0+7xrByzUE7jlecLBQtDS2qBytE0ltxyT9Eo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=NSL/GYOW/q7veZ7qqymn9fUmK4RrT/Qxr/7ZsxW1DExw/Zn7dMBZoBiLxFdLd6jH1Kyj7egVv6CeRKqWZShbZ3CUbun4pT7BATVUp/kN+Ijv80UajF9Jj1nRZHhd60QXcIFT9e3cAlxZi8iwn/6PNL9I3H6/nOzuAfQibxG/VTY=
Wrong!!! UTC never changes for daylight saving - however localtime in
UK and Europe may well do.
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Marghanita da Cruz
> The problem is that the Europe (GMT/UTC) and US changed to Summer time on Sunday
> so, the relative time is wrong.
> There should only be 11 hours difference next sunday there will be 12.
> Bruce Bruen wrote:
> > Greets,
> > env: PCLinuxOS 2007.
> > For some reason that I cannot fathom, ntp is setting the time as if DST was
> > over, i.e. its an hour ago.
> > I am using au.pool.ntp.org as the ntp pool and the problem is independent of
> > the actual host used.
> > Any clues? Web searches have brought no enlightnment.
> > (Maybe, I'll just have to put up with it all week :-( The boss wasn't happy
> > though when I turned up at 9:45am though :-( )
> Marghanita da Cruz
> Phone: (+61)0414 869202
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html