Re: [SLUG] DST changes - my problem is the other way up

>  On 3/31/08, Bruce Bruen <bbruen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > Greets,
>  >
>  >  env: PCLinuxOS 2007.
>  >
>  >  For some reason that I cannot fathom, ntp is setting the time as if DST was
>  >  over, i.e. its an hour ago.

Yes, that's the symptom you would have if you haven't updated tzdata

>  >
>  >  I am using au.pool.ntp.org as the ntp pool and the problem is independent of
>  >  the actual host used.

Yes, NTP always uses UTC. If you are sync'ed properly (use ntpq -c
lpeers to check ) to any valid NTP server, then any time issues are
your problem (incorrect timezone configuration).

>  >
>  >  Any clues?  Web searches have brought no enlightnment.

Just having a look at the PCLinuxOS website, it doesn't strike me as a
distro that offers much support. Also being a liveCD it is probably a
little difficult. Effectively you need to update the timezone data by
installing a new "tzdata" package.