SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] DST changes - my problem is the other way up
- To: "Tony Sceats" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] DST changes - my problem is the other way up
- From: "Martin Visser" <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:05:20 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=dm54n6IBBlOCJqMX1bwAOHZQqnPaKeG9vP3g6ubHL7I=; b=Gmc2kwHIPFZNGUcwscQLwUTRS+Xz0f4iXnW9Aco1AjuKOsVjQ7uwk7TYtLufL1NUVOPz3CaBJaruMho63d+8a9rKRCiG9UBtlE8vqPV5cF4fbi/u+xybjT112P4RNp1nyzGR3jACQYu+6IlCP/6d2xRcRGoA1VljSFgtYIgz/XM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=JNo35jRSJ6a+Kd0vK0sWSDc+4ZFRD5HjTAB2bKtwaSfTHtSok536D8tBjGwOsH5CXHmnxMvxkdI6npradh6VeCqDdVowq/TVvo0NGjg83pQ6Eo5KX9jV/DxE9pzIXTJA6ImUFspWuNqkHKXrWAV0nNAwiCEz+JT7X4A1MTesf4A=
> On 3/31/08, Bruce Bruen <bbruen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Greets,
> > env: PCLinuxOS 2007.
> > For some reason that I cannot fathom, ntp is setting the time as if DST was
> > over, i.e. its an hour ago.
Yes, that's the symptom you would have if you haven't updated tzdata
> > I am using au.pool.ntp.org as the ntp pool and the problem is independent of
> > the actual host used.
Yes, NTP always uses UTC. If you are sync'ed properly (use ntpq -c
lpeers to check ) to any valid NTP server, then any time issues are
your problem (incorrect timezone configuration).
> > Any clues? Web searches have brought no enlightnment.
Just having a look at the PCLinuxOS website, it doesn't strike me as a
distro that offers much support. Also being a liveCD it is probably a
little difficult. Effectively you need to update the timezone data by
installing a new "tzdata" package.
> > (Maybe, I'll just have to put up with it all week :-( The boss wasn't happy
> > though when I turned up at 9:45am though :-( )
> > --
> > regards
> > Bruce
> > --
> > SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> > Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html