SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] DST changes - my problem is the other way up
- To: "Bruce Bruen" <bbruen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] DST changes - my problem is the other way up
- From: "Tony Sceats" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:04:20 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; bh=xdC2ANkHh07lvNOHEHyA/Vi0mm/YwClcObN6FZTkylo=; b=QYBOXgha89xDmFLVLv14PDjAZPnhdkqtdXiBlpQPnSIwfgwWIcOeybFiHFKI0HxEfm3GMiBZrl5N1xK9veFTfVKI7hTAztmcsOj2jIOgxBkyXmZfpHM96OYvANLBb2zyjOC49nYSgj72zi/yMqWScV4E2YQVIyBadZx7DUNyoAA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=lABmnJ+P85V/0x0X4y7uPySQwCrlJUsXMYkeEiMUDxOSqsifeXlTA1ZzP8HybqiO9Wn0JzWslP3FoTRCA5dO87BMPkey6Llv5yEGrLDmn5v7jI2XK8JGFo561K8Rw1bGmNw9Yi0KDKCGwYk9LyE38yarGcszevthUAYEvUTCXmI=
you may have UTC wrong try:
and make sure it's the correct time in UTC.. you can try
zdump -v Australia/Sydney | grep 2008
to check if the dates are correct for the change
On 3/31/08, Bruce Bruen <bbruen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> env: PCLinuxOS 2007.
> For some reason that I cannot fathom, ntp is setting the time as if DST was
> over, i.e. its an hour ago.
> I am using au.pool.ntp.org as the ntp pool and the problem is independent of
> the actual host used.
> Any clues? Web searches have brought no enlightnment.
> (Maybe, I'll just have to put up with it all week :-( The boss wasn't happy
> though when I turned up at 9:45am though :-( )
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html