SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] f-spot and the tags, will it get messy?
- To: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] f-spot and the tags, will it get messy?
- From: "Amos Shapira" <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:33:50 +1100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=k1NJ6rwbJ5Sr6FKW85C5XzjQg0s3UPuGYROIep3+55M=; b=V9ywSBuegh8HquK6xGLHswrQNWGAf4CQU36yPF0zcUbGbDRor359POR6d3h2340YkuHXrxMk64tFwh+BvkIPX12A3vv1G9LBYSVg4r10M7cRyh5elh9WFT6hefrU5A4uzAerl0sctTTi31jpbA0gVuX2pQiExUrb33+dpknpcWs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=kMTnP5/8W1ssIi7eVrBItsXs+aidrILI5Z8F/5e+iE5zfAX0pdVwlvR882fFnVlCBn54K3fk3DMo2NluhtpPm1U82X+8BrPk5BqjTP8vQZRBjHRDdpoQtycNECKtRZG+nZwObLz05drpfSL1SxbtYBV1QeNCIrhbsRDBqgOW01w=
On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:53 PM, Ken Wilson <kenwilso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I have started to tag things then stopped as I realised that potentially
> there were so many categories that tagging photos took longer than
> finding them on a visual time line.
My personal favourite photo collection program is Digikam.
Vote for http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=146288 (ace detection /
recognition for digikam). and hope it'll get implemented one day :)
With it being open-source, I'd bet that such a plugin will be ported to
f-spot as well when it's out.
It won't solve the location tag, though. For this you can probably
cross-reference GPS read-out with the EXIF time on the image (another good
reason to just stick the date on the camera to GMT all the time), if you
don't have a GPS inside your camera, of course. Search for "geo-tagging" if
you want to know more.