Re: [SLUG] Auntie excludes us

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 20:58 +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 at 12:56, Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This one time, at band camp, Ken Wilson wrote:
> > > Getting sound to play with animation in the way and the repetition and
> > > timeing that the artist wants just works in flash. In HTML there are
> > > issues, Many options are not there, or not obvious. Flash animations are
> > > also much smaller in file size than animated giffs (x10).
> >
> > Who the hell uses animated GIF files any more?
>
> obnoxious people?

They are frequently 100x smaller than an MPG of the same content,
without the MPG encoding artifacts.
Regards
Peter Miller <millerp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
/\/\*        http://miller.emu.id.au/pmiller/

PGP public key ID: 1024D/D0EDB64D
fingerprint = AD0A C5DF C426 4F03 5D53  2BDB 18D8 A4E2 D0ED B64D
See http://www.keyserver.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.

"Syntax, my lad.  It has been restored to the highest place in the
republic." -- John Steinbeck