SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Auntie excludes us
- To: Amos Shapira <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Auntie excludes us
- From: Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:31:06 +1100
- Cc: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: Ramin Communications
- Reply-to: marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Icedove 22.214.171.124 (X11/20061220)
Amos Shapira wrote:
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 1:54 AM, Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This one time, at band camp, James Dumay wrote:
Its bullshit that people think that this sort of stuff needs to be
flv - embedding an mpeg stream is easy enough todo in HTML.
Indeed, it's insane and there's absolutely no justification. I'm sure
I keep hearing about standard-compliant HTML movie embedding.
Could you point to one web page that can demonstrate YouTube-like
1. I don't even ask for same interface, just same functionality
(pause/restart, forward, rewind)
2. It doesn't even have to be a "production" web site, just a demo of the
It is proposed to include support for Video in HTML5.
it's just that the new media geniuses wouldn't even know to ask if
there's another way.
I'm not a new media genius so I hope I'm allowed to ask :^)
Marghanita da Cruz
Phone: (+61)0414 869202