Re: [SLUG] Auntie excludes us

Amos Shapira wrote:
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 1:54 AM, Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This one time, at band camp, James Dumay wrote:
   Its bullshit that people think that this sort of stuff needs to be
done in
   flv - embedding an mpeg stream is easy enough todo in HTML.
Indeed, it's insane and there's absolutely no justification.  I'm sure

I keep hearing about standard-compliant HTML movie embedding.

Could you point to one web page that can demonstrate YouTube-like
functionality?
Please note:
1. I don't even ask for same interface, just same functionality
(pause/restart, forward, rewind)
2. It doesn't even have to be a "production" web site, just a demo of the
technology.

It is proposed to include support for Video in HTML5.
<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#video>

it's just that the new media geniuses wouldn't even know to ask if
there's another way.

I'm not a new media genius so I hope I'm allowed to ask :^)

Cheers,

--Amos

--
Marghanita da Cruz