SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] [ot] cheap sms?
- To: Richard Hayes <nada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] [ot] cheap sms?
- From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:52:22 +0900
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.9i
Is there any reason you can't use a *G dataplan to fire off the data
At 10c a SMS you're up for a $6k bill each month.
At 160 bytes a transaction (normal SMS length), 2000 a day is roughly
300 kilobytes uncompressed. * 31 days is ~ 10 gig of data. Maybe with
compression you could squeeze that 2:1 into a data plan for (hopefully
far, far under) $50 a month.
Just a thought,
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008, Richard Hayes wrote:
> Dear list,
> I am doing remote telemetry with a small linux box (of course) and then
> using sms to transfer the data.
> Can anyone recommend a supplier of cheap sms for large quantity?
> Within a few months 2000 per day.
> Richard Hayes
> 0414 618 425
> fn:Richard Hayes
> org:Nada Marketing
> adr:;;PO Box 12 ;Gordon;NSW;2072;Australia
> tel;work:+(61) 2 8669 9835
> tel;fax:+(61) 2 9327 4908
> tel;home:+(61) 2 9436 0121
> tel;cell:0414 618 425
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html
- Xenion - http://www.xenion.com.au/ - VPS Hosting - Commercial Squid Support -
- $25/pm entry-level VPSes w/ capped bandwidth charges available in WA -