Re: [SLUG] [ot] cheap sms?

Is there any reason you can't use a *G dataplan to fire off the data
versus SMS?

At 10c a SMS you're up for a $6k bill each month.

At 160 bytes a transaction (normal SMS length), 2000 a day is roughly
300 kilobytes uncompressed. * 31 days is ~ 10 gig of data. Maybe with
compression you could squeeze that 2:1 into a data plan for (hopefully
far, far under) $50 a month.

Just a thought,

Adrian