SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ADSL modem recommendations (with bridging)
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ADSL modem recommendations (with bridging)
- From: Peter Hardy <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:43:56 +1100
I call shenanigans!
On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 16:22 +1100, Matthew Hannigan wrote:
> Don't stop there!
> You probably mean bits not b(ytes) and mebi not mega,
> so it's
> 108 Mibit/s
1) It's mibi not mebi.
2) The same standard that defines mibi- as a prefix (IEEE 1541 )
specifies that b is the symbol for bits, and B should be used for bytes.
In practical use, though, I tend to see either bits or B.
Pete, who measures his traffic in gross nybbles to reduce confusion.
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_1541