SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Oracle 9i database and samba
- To: Simon Wong <linux@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Oracle 9i database and samba
- From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:06:55 +0900
- Cc: Slug List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.9i
> I think I phrase the question incorrectly to start with. If I just want
> one instance of the Oracle DB (the Design File Server) can I run it
> installed in a VM and have it's DB files stored on Samba shared to it
> from the host OS?
Again, why are you asking here versus the two vendors in question?
I strongly suggest you just ask your vendors and get them to sign off on it.
I sincerely doubt anyone here is qualified to tell you "yes" or "no";
and Minescape looks like a serious piece of mine design and operations planning