SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Open source Requirements Tools
- To: Sridhar Dhanapalan <sridhar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Open source Requirements Tools
- From: Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:44:32 +1100
- Cc: SLUG list <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: Ramin Communications
- Reply-to: marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Icedove 18.104.22.168 (X11/20061220)
Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
While Wikis and Mailing lists seem to be the tools that power open source
software development - has anyone come across more purpose specific tools?
Not all Wikis are built alike :)
We've been delving more into Xwiki as of late. It's an enterprise-focused wiki
platform with strong scripting capabilities for building functions and
providing integration with other tools.
My wish list was a graphical representation of requirements, tracking,
prioritisation and scheduling, costing and a web accessible (not requiring an
additional app to view)....and slides for presentations.
Something that was familiar to business and developers. The problem with many of
the "tools" is everyone seems to need to be an expert in the tool as well as
analysing business requirements and translating into ICT solutions.
The open source attraction was for refinement.
Has anyone had any experience of
Open Source Requirements Management Tool 1.5 (Default)
Marghanita da Cruz
Phone: (+61)0414 869202