Re: [SLUG] sim card reader on LInux

On Saturday 23 February 2008 10:27, ken Foskey wrote:
> Anyone used something like this on Linux?
>
> I am worried about loosing my phone  and it does not have bluetooth  or
> IR.
>
> --
> Ken Foskey
> FOSS developer

If you mean something that will directly read a sim card, then I dont know of
anything.

But, I did have some enjoyment with wammu a few years ago when I needed to
transfer all my contacts between the old and new phone.  The new phone was
accessable through wammu and I put the old sim in it and uploaded all the
data, then put the new sim in it and downloaded it all again.

Maybe you could find/borrow a phone that can connect and stick your sim in it?

--
regards

Bruce