Re: [SLUG] /etc/mail/access for a secondary MX

Bump

On 12/02/2008 6:45 PM, Nigel Allen wrote:

Hi

We are acting as secondary MX for a few of our customers, one of who has about 20 valid email addresses (including aliases).

I want to change the /etc/mail/access from a simple "RELAY" to something that will check for valid addresses for that domain and reject any BS ones. We are currently relaying everything and some spammers are firing just_about_anything@xxxxxxxxxxxxx at our mail server which I relay to the customers mail server which then bounces it back to me and I end up with a load of mail in the queue that can never be delivered.

I read recently that this is possible using the "To:" access record but so far I either pass everything or nothing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

sendmail 8-14-1 on FC6.

TIA

Nigel.