SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] /etc/mail/access for a secondary MX
- To: SLUG List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] /etc/mail/access for a secondary MX
- From: Nigel Allen <dna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:52:18 +1100
- Organization: EDRS
- User-agent: Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (Windows/20071031)
On 12/02/2008 6:45 PM, Nigel Allen wrote:
We are acting as secondary MX for a few of our customers, one of who
has about 20 valid email addresses (including aliases).
I want to change the /etc/mail/access from a simple "RELAY" to
something that will check for valid addresses for that domain and
reject any BS ones. We are currently relaying everything and some
spammers are firing just_about_anything@xxxxxxxxxxxxx at our mail
server which I relay to the customers mail server which then bounces
it back to me and I end up with a load of mail in the queue that can
never be delivered.
I read recently that this is possible using the "To:" access record
but so far I either pass everything or nothing.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
sendmail 8-14-1 on FC6.