SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Data Leakage Prevention and Detection
- To: <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Data Leakage Prevention and Detection
- From: "Ricky" <rceng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:15:55 +1100
- first, you classify data Eg.engineering.doc is commercially sensitive or
customer_creditcard.xls is personal privacy
- setup rules in your DLP, likely to be an appliance box sitting behind the
- stops data from going out the LAN
sort of like an application aware firewall, but instead of look at ports, ip
addresses....etc it looks for the classification of the data (doc, xls, pdf,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rev Simon Rumble" <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Data Leakage Prevention and Detection
> This one time, at band camp, Ricky wrote:
> > Has anyone come across any Linux/Open Source Data Leakage Prevention
> > solution ?
> Care to define your term? It's not something I've ever heard of.
> Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
> The Tourist Engineer
> Because nerds travel too.
> "Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most
> of the time he will pick himself up and continue on."
> - Winston Churchill
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html