SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Listening/recording Vega 95.3FM on Linux?
- To: Amos Shapira <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Listening/recording Vega 95.3FM on Linux?
- From: Rick Welykochy <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 06:44:59 +1100
- Cc: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20071128 SeaMonkey/1.1.7
Amos Shapira wrote:
What I'd love to be able to do is to have a cron job to automatically
record their morning 6:00-9:00 program so I can listen to it a little
later while working.
I have managed to grab Little Britain streadming audio segments off of
Radio National using mplayer in the shell.
was quite useful in getting this working. Briefly:
1. install mplayer and lame
2. obtain streaming URL of content
produces: rtsp://media1.abc.net.au/rn/mod/deepend_2_01082005_2856.rm?"title="Deep End (part 2) - 01/08/2005"
3. grab the stream using mplayer
mplayer -dumpstream rtsp://media1.abc.net.au/rn/mod/deepend_2_01082005_2856.rm
4. convert the stream to a WAV file
mplayer -ao pcm stream.dump
(( OOPS: died here: no RealPlayer codec :( ))
5. convert to mp3
lame --preset standard --tt "Title Goes Here" --ta "Artist Goes Here" --tl "Album Goes Here" --ty "YEAR" --tn 1 audiodump.wav WHATEVER.mp3
Theimportant step for you is (3) above.
Creating a cronjob should be easy.
You can start mplayer at 6:00 and another cronjob can kill it at 9:00 am.
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services
Tis the dream of each programmer before his life is done,
To write three lines of APL and make the damn thing run.