[SLUG] Trying to create 'brady bunch-style' video

Hi all,

I've googled a bit and searched through the Imagemagick e-mail archives, but not found anything I could use. I'm not even certain that what I want to do is possible.

I also posted this to the Imagemagick mail group. The only response I got back was from someone who told me there was an app for Mac OSX, called Grid which could do this.

I know I'm showing my age, but if you recall the intro to The Brady Bunch tv show:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mkeGOH5vy7I

This is what I'm trying to achieve.

If I take four separate video streams of my children and create four separate collections of still images:

A0001.jpeg to A1000
B0001.jpeg ...
C0001.jpeg ...
D0001.jpeg ...

I know that I can use:

montage *.jpeg -geometry +2+2 montage_geom.jpeg

To create a two-by-two individual .jpeg of the four images (very neat - I know this is basic stuff, but when I found it I thought "How easy is that?")

However, what I want to do is create a montage of four separate streams of jpegs, creating a related set of sequentially numbered composite images so that I can then rejoin the whole as one raw video file and come out with something similar to the Brady Bunch intro (an image in each quarter of the window is fine - it doesn't have to be a complex as the BB intro).

If anyone is able to provide assistance with this, it would be most appreciated. Also, if there is a site which explains this or another forum, a redirection or URL, if available, would also be
appreciated.

Many thanks to anyone who is able to provide assistance, advice or information and my apologies
if I've overlooked something obvious.

Regards,

Patrick

--