SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] support for Dell 725 printer?
- To: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] support for Dell 725 printer?
- From: Rick Phillips <rickp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 15:09:50 +1000
- Organization: Suncoast Technical
- Reply-to: rickp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> We got a free Dell 725 printer when I bought a desktop a few months ago but
> we can't make our Windows ME (an old laptop we want to use in the office) to
> talk to it, we can't install Windows XP on that ancient laptop, and now that
> I wanted to finally install Ubuntu on it I discovered on the web that this
> printer won't play with Linux.
AFAIK, all Dell printers are re-badged Lexmarks. Have a look at the
Lexmark drivers and see if there is one there which will suit.
Comparing the pictures is dangerous but it looks like a Lexmark Z1320 so
try the Lexmark Z13 driver in CUPS as a starter.
Only a suggestion.