SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] switching debian architecture "in place"?
- To: Amos Shapira <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] switching debian architecture "in place"?
- From: Heracles <heracles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:47:51 +1100
- Cc: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (X11/20071031)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
As all the packages would be 32 bit you could either reinstall or set up
a dual boot with the 64bit version (as I do).
The 64 bit version is slower than the 32 bit version on my amd64 and it
does not have flash or compile Gambas2 code properly.
So unless you need access to more than 4GB of ram why bother changing it?
Amos Shapira wrote:
> Someone I know keeps installing debian i386 on amd64-capable systems.
> Is there a way to switch over to amd64 system without re-installing
> the system from scratch?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----