SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] switching debian architecture "in place"?
- To: Amos Shapira <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] switching debian architecture "in place"?
- From: Ian Wienand <ianw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:09:56 +1100
- Cc: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.13 (2006-08-11)
On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 05:47:11PM +1100, Amos Shapira wrote:
> Is there a way to switch over to amd64 system without re-installing
> the system from scratch?
I'm happy to be proved wrong but I think a re-install would be much
If I had to do it, I would probably use debootstrap to create a chroot
x86-64 environment then use a static shell like sash to copy this
newly created chroot over the existing install. Then probably spend a
few hours fixing all the things I didn't think of that broke :)