SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] raid1 mdadm or lvm mirror's
- To: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] raid1 mdadm or lvm mirror's
- From: Matthew Hannigan <mlh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:32:02 +1000
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.14 (2007-02-12)
On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 07:47:35PM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> [ ...]
> I have some data that I don't really care if it dies/get lost. I can't do that
> on a lv by lv basis with my original setup.
> I haven't had much experience with lvm mirrors, should I stick with my original
> setup or go with the new ?
I think if I was to mirror on my home machine now, I would do
lv mirroring for the reason you mention; you just don't need
In fact I don't mirror at all at the moment; I just rsync the more