Re: [SLUG] screen on SunOS

Sonia,

uname -a
SunOS fubar 5.8 Generic_108528-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
vi foo
screen: Unknown terminal type
I don't know what kind of terminal you are on - all I have is 'screen'.
[Using open mode]

I think that the problem is that a TERM of type 'screen' isn't listed in
/etc/termcap on the Sun box, but how do I solve it? Copy the terminfo
from a Linux box up to the Sun box? Set TERM to something else when on
the Sun box (and if so, to what?).

Try:

 export TERM="xterm"
 export TERM="vt100"
 export TERM="ansi"

You might lose the ability to see things doing this so do this at the start of your session. If it does do something spectacularly bizarre, try "reset" and if that command doesn't work, log out and try again with a different option.

DSL