[SLUG] perl cpan reload problems

I've entered ;perl -MCPAN -e shell; to load some modules on Centos 4;

dialogue came up telling me there was a better cpan to be had, and
suggested to install/reload cpan

which I did attempt to do, but, it didn't quite worked out to plan

now, when I restart it, it says as below, followed by a few more questions
that mean very little to me....

how to fix...?

# perl -MCPAN -e shell
CPAN: File::HomeDir loaded ok (v0.66)
Sorry, we have to rerun the configuration dialog for CPAN.pm due to
some missing parameters...

Normally CPAN.pm keeps config variables in memory and changes need to
be saved in a separate 'o conf commit' command to make them permanent
between sessions. If you set the 'auto_commit' option to true, changes
to a config variable are always automatically committed to disk.

 <auto_commit>
Always commit changes to config variables to disk? [no]

A Build.PL is run by perl in a separate process. Likewise we run
'./Build' and './Build install' in separate processes. If you have any
parameters you want to pass to the calls, please specify them here.

Typical frequently used settings:

    --install_base /home/xxx             # different installation directory

--
Voytek