SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Lost directory
- To: "Kevin Shackleton" <kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Lost directory
- From: "Tony Sceats" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:20:22 +1000
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references:x-google-sender-auth; bh=zLduCqgDLR4KaoSSeaXS0UHsKARcNGawoqBG4vPlAzY=; b=TSb2pgHgbDeXFkfL68nPeB6EKVQZdC13sqw7MzKKD8YIjEbKmZzoymNpFbXVJ/7DINWOZyI1pQMI+D+r2dmUm25Yc3UDvXI+zD0YRcrnjmftw84eCInLJwZev3urNYWSUpMxCvbJ605qOlDz5Hm0OVlvuewInFlGazXBNPuQnmg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=gUTTrmB56O8as31WpStOLFtr9lQKkQHe1UO/C96WBONIT33K4TxUBFAlws/NnrUOIZqEmjN4yfx6BklR28SPsqjUFk/cZfP4/WlYNwG+M8dy+CQCRwVDBm9xPFrjSDQOA1Mh9BViq7LRNBGAm7Ancd7AkerdTBzeetT/KAYjOQ0=
what sort of file does 'file' say it is?
On 10/3/07, Kevin Shackleton <kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Desktop file does seem to be the ex-Desktop directory. Nothing good
> in Trash. I'm assuming that my daughter managed to do something in
> Gnome Browser or suchlike but I've not been able to repeat the trick of
> turning it into a file. Which makes it hard to reverse-engineer.
> On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 22:15 +1000, Ken Foskey wrote:
> > I doubt you have lost it, rename the Desktop file and then look in
> > trash for the original. If not there then hunt for the directory in the
> > place moved with mouse moves.
> > Ken Foskey
> > FOSS developer
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html