Re: [SLUG] Kaffeine and DVD

On 28/08/07, jam@xxxxxxxxx <jam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 August 2007 10:00:03 slug-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > It's me again! As I cannot only study, I tried to watch some good Aussie
> > movie on DVD... but they don't work...
> >
> > I changed the country region within the xine-engine settings in
Kaffeine,
> > but nothing! I tried with almost every player, but nothing...
> >
> > Is there any special package I have to install for local DVDs? In Italy
> > have never experienced any problem with DVDs.
> >
> > Any tip for this?
>
> The DRIVE learns the region (some are region-free) so unless the region
tools
> mentioned talk (and work) on your drive, it won't work.
>
> All else fails get a new DVD drive. Keep the old for Italy and train the
new
> for Oz. ( 2 plays of region XX locks for region XX)

Or make sure you know the exact DVD drive model you have and lookup a
firmware file at http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php which disables the limit
on number of zone changes that's built-in to (most?) DVD drives.
Worked for me on previous drive (LG GSA-4163B) but so far I haven't figured
out which drive came in my new Dell Dimension 520.

--Amos