SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Kaffeine and DVD
- To: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Kaffeine and DVD
- From: "Amos Shapira" <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:41:16 +1000
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=WExvJsTtjKnwkeyHhEmVomNmB4IQb2ZHojTPW+Un5GjNk4VDDhuzNUFq1CX9k6ADjaB4LyjVAkYOaLZCZDdEfVQkv1Bwt7F7hS4DPZW8bQDh8BsRsaNjSpVUCrmnZKHBC+h4MGbto2rjt7VdUT1vvWPtbfmDsK7aI1clsIMbLwQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=T6cPyAjKtFwHVAl0yf3UXEMxVakJp+j1IDdAb2jPmX7Bg4w1LHgE/IquLurL3jWyu8CNVkeAqJYJVAUhDoJnMtHcTbdO/TQTE0HEgFMswhuSXTp9xQdfK3v8vh25sZC/0tSc76pREgb5QYLJDg7kKY1N3AdZDHCN3bSoUIP79Ic=
On 28/08/07, jam@xxxxxxxxx <jam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 August 2007 10:00:03 slug-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > It's me again! As I cannot only study, I tried to watch some good Aussie
> > movie on DVD... but they don't work...
> > I changed the country region within the xine-engine settings in
> > but nothing! I tried with almost every player, but nothing...
> > Is there any special package I have to install for local DVDs? In Italy
> > have never experienced any problem with DVDs.
> > Any tip for this?
> The DRIVE learns the region (some are region-free) so unless the region
> mentioned talk (and work) on your drive, it won't work.
> All else fails get a new DVD drive. Keep the old for Italy and train the
> for Oz. ( 2 plays of region XX locks for region XX)
Or make sure you know the exact DVD drive model you have and lookup a
firmware file at http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php which disables the limit
on number of zone changes that's built-in to (most?) DVD drives.
Worked for me on previous drive (LG GSA-4163B) but so far I haven't figured
out which drive came in my new Dell Dimension 520.