SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] run two separate (process isolated) firefox processes/ instances
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] run two separate (process isolated) firefox processes/ instances
- From: "Billy Kwong" <tuppaa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 09:52:22 +1000
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=YAGUJnYo8co2AhaOaSOtyKoV3XOecU1/Cx3OG0ZuZ0CnwKA9UOp+FlA0yYDHj16h6NJpo0Caw04NGo6n6FnUdUNrRblyWPp1QzAOG1iQG8xoCf6fSPHAFK4Mymzo9aDVJl7IOxepjYaMFyQgR62V84L7L0+o9gLxZFGKjYvOEZg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=FK6jl+85Yj6jExCeeV6E43f7NeFUGQdLwXCcIBVAkQTE9Zdd2sh37yoPSJV/Lr0mTcvofDi+3gn4TiM1biFZYy1E+YuIcPetuxwOJbROyJKd7b4juvae+iXR8A7lYD4ijvuSlSo6zaHCT+eqQWmhImjnayHCp+2uBVwOLChLE9o=
Yes, by running different profiles within Firefox.
On 18/08/07, Zenaan Harkness <zen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can one run two or more firefox instances such that each instance is in
> an entirely separate address space?
> Eg, can I copy a firefox executable?
> I shouldn't have to set up a separate browser (eg. galeon) unless I
> actually want that browser, but occasionally I've been in a situation
> where I want to test a new Java installation, and I don't want my
> existing firefox instance (with a bunch of tabs I'm reading) to freeze
> on me (yes, this has happened).
> Homepage: www.SoulSound.net -- Free Australia: www.UPMART.org
> Please respect the confidentiality of this email as sensibly warranted.
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html