SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] run two separate (process isolated) firefox processes/ instances
- To: Zenaan Harkness <zen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] run two separate (process isolated) firefox processes/ instances
- From: Michael Chesterton <chesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 03:20:07 +1000
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On 18/08/2007, at 1:09 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
Can one run two or more firefox instances such that each instance
an entirely separate address space?
Eg, can I copy a firefox executable?
That's not necessary, and won't do what you want.
I think the easiest and safest way is to create a new test user, and
that to test. gnome, and I assume other desktops support multiple logins
with just a click of a menu item, without needing to logout of your
session. Otherwise, it's still possible to do multi-login the hard way.
There might be other ways, but having a test account is a nice,
way for testing out a lot of things, not just firefox.
Let us know if you want to go down the multiple login route but get
somewhere. Get back to us with what desktop and distro you're using,