[SLUG] Removing a snd module

Hi,

I would like to be able to remove the module for my soundcard (snd_hda_intel) to be able to add it again, but with modified parameters. I have been using a script from the alsa site that looks like:

awk '/^snd/||/^sound/&&($3==0){system("rmmod " $1)}' /proc/modules /proc/modules /proc/modules

I'm sure this has worked for me in the past (distant though), but now I just get a long list of "module is in use" messages, despite trying to shut down everything that might be using the card. I have tried fuser, and the entries under /dev/snd, also to no avail.

I'd like to be able to do this because my card works (ie no clicks) with alsa with the default setting, but not with jack. When I add the line "options snd-hda-intel position_fix=3" to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base jack works (no xruns and no clicks) but alsa doesn't.

It's a white core 2 dueo macbook running Ubuntu feisty with the generic kernel.

Thanks,

Denis