SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] postgresql versions 7 and 8 together.
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] postgresql versions 7 and 8 together.
- From: "Billy Kwong" <tuppaa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:02:57 +1000
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=WJxUayu0jOt0nSkAQ+sSB+/S3/N1Ovc721zJbqIM+kFfyB7mTVbhymiXznNfyunBGpF/LB6Bymfn+9c1H7UMmamV2Zy+W9+I/QiAr9bC4h1zkEjbtp5jgdaWQXVYuALGwRdE7sjq8VZZGLg8wkzDwqWKgLPyhc7Xra0ROAaWXT8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=ObEo8IkNn+6MSsdORpPlYWExkFzl95dhVCz3kwrNXDAqB2bCbnE89Mut9lQZAZ37XLmhhH07m64BnQsKq03eLO3Ge8oOf/9TIcsBxEy6iphm+tLaVuKdgAXOKP6oY9YaNNSoV4TpEAknpLN2abM3mcadEjrpFwDDZX/yv+i92+s=
As long as the installed files and DBs are in different locations, and both
postmasters of different versions are listening on different ports, then
yes you can do that.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Ubuntu and Debian already supports
having multiple versions running if you use their PostgreSQL packages.
On 01/08/07, david <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible to run both versions on the one host, and if so can
> someone point me at a tutorial?
> Is it just a case of creating a different username for postgres? If so,
> how does postmaster know which version it is working for? Are these
> ignorant questions? (as I suspect they may be).
> I think I'm not asking google the right questions :(
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html