SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Re: Video & Audio in HTML5 - W3C Editor's Draft 28 June 2007
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Re: Video & Audio in HTML5 - W3C Editor's Draft 28 June 2007
- From: Silvia Pfeiffer <SilviaPfeiffer1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 03:41:55 -0700
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:x-ip:from:to:subject:date:message-id:in-reply-to:references:user-agent:x-http-useragent:mime-version:content-type; b=sYj+CdtrRenghcElmSMSAOos3GgdJiicGVGcMwLY1XRRJxUzBmYiPF/PKs2u+/xPOTX/562eqogdnd3m8tf5wfpVX7Uqg7FD8xOfHQthiPIE6r1D6hxDgNYpdWgxVVPuVU7FXK8c7QBv/dBj8AoW2UEGanIjxR6QROculIl1/Jc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:x-ip:from:to:subject:date:message-id:in-reply-to:references:user-agent:x-http-useragent:mime-version:content-type; b=kR1pKU4rx5JySn9ML8b813t5OrMA0Pudy1lTSyhYzb4yyL0feb4pDjTgeaKDUUEGWuI9+mrL1NacFqEyAeszSIIm0b0XQiqudLK2BCzZDizqX/0QoCmgjmijiaVbVANVZ8Hxi3qE3SAV4zRQPMhjvI5V56uhZR3Sl2nSl+nc2oM=
- User-agent: G2/1.0
I'm active on the WhatWG specification group. This is a nice
development, also for Annodex, since it may come in the door
indirectly through standardisation of Theora as the baseline codec.
Let's see if MS and Apple will allow that to happen.
On 27 Jul, 10:42, Marghanita da Cruz <marghan...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Editors:
> > Ian Hickson, Google, Inc.
> > David Hyatt, Apple, Inc.
> > Abstract
> > This specification defines the 5th major revision of the core language of the World Wide Web, HTML. In this version, new features are introduced to help Web application authors, new elements are introduced based on research into prevailing authoring practices, and special attention has been given to defining clear conformance criteria for user agents in an effort to improve interoperability.
> > Status of this document
> > This section describes the status of this document at the time of its publication. Other documents may supersede this document. A list of current W3C publications and the latest revision of this technical report can be found in the W3C technical reports index athttp://www.w3.org/TR/.
> > If you wish to make comments regarding this document, please send them to public-h...@xxxxxx (subscribe, archives) or wha...@xxxxxxxxxx (subscribe, archives). All feedback is welcome.
> > 188.8.131.52. Video and audio codecs for video elements
> > User agents may support any video and audio codecs and container formats.
> > User agents should support Ogg Theora video and Ogg Vorbis audio, as well as the Ogg container format. [THEORA] [VORBIS] [OGG]
> More on Open/Linux OGG/Theora/Video at
> Marghanita da Cruzhttp://www.ramin.com.au
> Phone: 0414 869202
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List -http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs:http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html