SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] re: Not good publicity for Linux, is it?
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] re: Not good publicity for Linux, is it?
- From: "Amos Shapira" <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:32:50 +1000
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=jIarnjnCV1+nvy4h2YDYP4+6ckvtsHHuJg6UdxO6LCY8VCibZO35PmhNxAiIat8VXCthKbm293nFw+bHzUsSs+pYjRFAVTpSwBd7QkKJMkVu1b9IjQEhWaSZX2A0OZBgly10rxZjjH3+gOJQBKxmDf2VsaI4oFAY4OroIB35DmU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=JvyTlQAO23iEaBebHRELNHa2Iap1d1iAMBJurjSSRBJUJm1nqqXux4K9lmNq0a5rIHt8k7xA6XCnYe88Ba6MiOUmm6f3HkhtIcuz9omtmE/GOKgcTefXv1lH0f8f4GRGZ3psMkdPFc3e7p62VX8NDHjLD0F5lNscopvimyT7LVI=
On 20/07/07, Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Of course, a good idea with these sites would be to work out a method to
stagger the traffic. If you only anticipate ridiculous load in the
first few days after launch, it's silly to build capacity to cope with
that one-off demand. Instead, have some kind of ticketing system for
those days to manage the demand.
E.g. use services like Akamai for your static stuff? That way you can
probably "rent" their service during periods of overflow but save your money
when the capacity is not required.
Just wondering aloud, with hope to learn how feasible is this option.