SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] mpeg 2 jpeg
- To: "Kevin Waterson" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] mpeg 2 jpeg
- From: "David P" <davidrox@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 21:17:33 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=BEorWP+o38EGpLPbNjf6CgQmNnOz+EeJZFZBYhh0ebqFfCGpnHhOo/yNAtKqAdoTjxL94GWkSRkzGDNg+6QvJkOHz+mtm/ADtu6Irmz7I8quB25VpJ8YwjVrWD0uB7qa8I5I0IvcSHnGzah97ViBJkCPJc/BmLr+j+t1/Jge7sI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=slar98XaJ7H8C7W8teQ5uiPGFjo/r8UdmrA2FLE/15qOiHXDdPJxgdccNLZGkX0+qn7axigVLAYFBYVpKxf8UnW61Bt+dnrD+YAN/qgx7osTY04c1i18CNzb1HZeyzuPXFOZzvRu1vYRHCRn1hsXMJF3JuJbQG+RTEEF/mN8uYU=
mplayer saves the day. ;) Try:
mplayer thevideo.mpeg -vo jpeg
It should create a slew of jpeg files in the current directory, one
for each frame. You could also use the -ss and -endpos options to set
a specific part of the video which should be outputted to jpeg.
On 7/15/07, Kevin Waterson <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have had a little poke about for tools to convert mpeg to jpeg.
ie: snarf a frame from an mpeg and convert that to jpeg.
I have had a bit of a read of image magick docs but cannot see
anything. There are docs for converting jpeg's to mpeg, but not
the other way around.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html