SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] OpenMoko.com online
- To: Barrie Hall <barrie@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] OpenMoko.com online
- From: Adam Kennedy <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:34:07 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (Windows/20070509)
Can I add to that... even if they do work, would they be legal?
I know there's certification processes for things like electrical
devices, does the same exist for mobile phones?
Barrie Hall wrote:
For those interested, the OpenMoko.com site went live today.
It's now possible to order the pre-release (still in development)
version of FIC's Neo 1973, Linux-based smart phone.
Do these work on the Australian phone networks?
They specify that they use a quad band GSM radio, so yes, these should
work fine here.