SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Printer problem
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Printer problem
- From: Alan L Tyree <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:39:10 +1000
- Organization: Sage Tutorial Systems Pty Ltd
I accidently (!) removed my working printer from the printer dialog on
Debian Etch with Gnome. I'm trying to re-establish it.
I'm getting the following messages in syslog:
Jul 5 09:35:08 windy python:  error: Unable to set locale.
Jul 5 09:35:08 windy kernel: ppdev0: registered pardevice
Jul 5 09:35:08 windy kernel: ppdev0: negotiated back to compatibility
mode because user-space forgot Jul 5 09:35:08 windy kernel: ppdev0:
Can anybody give me a clue as to what I should do?
Alan L Tyree http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~alan
Tel: +61 2 4782 2670 Mobile: +61 427 486 206
Fax: +61 2 4782 7092 FWD: 615662